Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 2, 2013: A day of rest

Took a day off from golf activities today.  Partly due to a lack of time: getting my daughter Julia to and from a speed and agility camp, work, and taking my PGA Jr. League Team to Tri-Mountain GC for our final match.

Talked today to the Tour Edge Tour Rep and ordered three clubs: an 11.5 degree "driver" with a 3-wood profile (I have never liked the new high profile drivers, I think this low profile head with a 44" shaft will help me be more consistent off the tee.) and a 3 and 2 hybrid.  The 3 is to get higher trajectory at 200 yards and the 2 for 220 yard shots.  I am expect these to arrive on Friday, giving me time to hit some balls at home before leaving Saturday.

Worked with the Nike rep on clothes for me and Connor.  This will ship to Omaha CC. 

Called my Foot-Joy rep.  I can't wear all black shoes in Nebraska in the summer, oh the inhumanity! :). So I ordered a pair of FJ Sport shoes, white with black and silver trim.  These will also be shipped to the course.

Word is getting around town.  Dan Trujillo from the Camas Washougal Post Record called today to set up an interview for tomorrow.

My GMGC staff and customers are very excited and supportive.  I called and canceled all my lessons for the week.  They were also excited and supported my request.

My name has started to show up on the Senior Open webpage: under the players list and at the end of an article focused on Olin Browne withdrawing.  It is beginning to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment