Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3, 2013: Work, Press and Practice

Today was bookkeeping day: need to make sure the bills are still paid while I am gone.  Fortunately submission of time cards for payroll happens this week, so I don't have to make staff do that task while I am gone.

Also needed to take care of the GMGC Men's Club with their Wednesday game.  Also had appointments with the Camas/Washougal Fire Marshal about GMGC fuel storage and a person to dive our lakes for lost balls.

Dan Trujillo of the Camas-Washougal Post Record came to interview Connor and me.  The interview took about an hour.  What struck me about the answers Connor gave was his comment that he new I was good, having played Division 1 college golf, but he didn't know I could play this well.  The full story will be published in next Tuesday's edition, but a preview is here.

Also got a hold of my Titleist Rep to make sure I get some balls, so three dozen and some hats will be available to me when I arrive at the course.

Got to practice at 4 pm today.  Just hit about 80 balls.  My full practice routine was established I pick range balls at Calabasas Country Club: on odd numbered days I hit odd number clubs, even day I work through even numbered clubs, but I always hit driver.  Hit the ball solid throughout every club, even the driver.  It is all about the address the position and confidence.  Since I got these clubs it seems the short irons go short and the mid to long irons go a good distance.  I haven't figured out why that is yet.

I don't want to practice putting.  Willamette's greens on Monday were a good speed, closer to what I will find next week.  GMGC greens, although in great shape, are no where near the speed of an Open.

Left and went to the Camas Farmer's Market and to watch Connor's baseball game. He went 2 - 4 with a double, and RBI and a run scored.

I am going to try and play tomorrow.  I need to see drivers hit the fairways on the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment