Monday, July 1, 2013

June 29, 2013: Helping a Friend

Today, GMGC held a benefit golf tournament for long time friend, staff member, and Green Mountain Golf Club Board Member Ron McGlohn.  64 players participated, Ron had said no one would come out, and we will raise well over $2,000.  Ron has esophageal cancer and completed chemo and radiation last month.  Surgery later this summer when his weight increases.

I played with Dan Frosh, we won, and I gave Dan the entire prize.  He chose four rounds at Orchard Hills.  I played ok, scrambles tend to create bad swings, particularly with the driver.  Putted well, but not much went in.  I think I made three putts, and hit a few irons close.

Didn't sleep well again last night.  Had a couple drinks with caffeine, need to stop that.

No comments:

Post a Comment